School Uniform Policy
School uniform is an essential part of the learning culture of our school. The purpose of the School Uniform Policy is to provide additional opportunities for increased school safety, to encourage our students to experience a greater sense of school identity and belonging, to encourage an improvement in student behavior, to reduce school clothing costs, to encourage a high level of program participation and to improve and expand academic excellence.
GVIS has developed a Uniform Policy that is designed to build a positive learning culture, and all members of the school community are expected to ensure that uniform is worn correctly at all times.
- School uniform is mandatory for all students from KG1 to Grade 12.
- White socks with black shoes are required to be worn as part of the school uniform.
- Shoes must be a plain black color without any designs or patterns.
- Sandals are not allowed for safety reasons.
- School PE Uniforms are to be worn as per the respective Time Table.
- For PE, students are required to wear white shoes with white sox.
- School winter jackets can be worn on cold days.
- The school uniform is not included in the tuition fees.
- You can purchase the uniform from the school store.
- School Bags, Tiffin bags, and other accessories for the school are available in the school store.
- Uniforms and Books are available for collection from Monday to Friday 08:30 am – 02:00 pm.
- Our service includes home delivery of books upon request.
School uniform is compulsory for all students and must be worn at school, while travelling to and from school, and on any special events, field trips or picnics except where the teacher in charge has obtained the approval of the Principal for other clothes to be worn.